Oslo’s culinary scene is booming and has now become a culinary destination on the rise. With a vast range of vibrant restaurants, trendy coffee shops, food courts with national and international food, and local street food Oslo has a lot to offer for food lovers. The best way to explore Oslo’s culinary scene is on foot. Our guides are happy to show you the insider tips to enjoy local food. Below is one of our culinary experiences where you can learn more about the city and its vibrant culinary scene.
- 10:00: Your guide will pick you up at your hotel or any other central location you prefer.
- 10:00 – 11:00: Start your day with fresh shrimps from the boat while your guide tells you about Norwegian food and history.
- 11:00 – 12:00: After having a taste of the fresh sea, walk through the city center with your guide to the city district Grünerløkka. Here you will find Mathallen, Oslos food court. If you wish, your guide can stop at Oslo’s last remaining hot dog kiosk «Syverkiosken» on the way so you can try the ultimate Norwegian comfort food served with a can of Tøyen-Cola, a local take on Coke.
- 12:00 – 13:00: Enjoy Norwegian cheese, ham and apple juice at Mathallen while your guide tells you more about the unique flavours of the regional specialties.
- 13:00 – 14:30: Continue your walk to the ”Beer Academy” and experience some of the best Scandinavian micro brewed beers. A beer specialist will tell you more about the different types of beer and about the Norwegian beer revolution from the Vikings until today.
- 14:30 – 15:00: On your walk back to the city centre you will stop by “Telthusbakken” and "Damstredet"- charming and picturesque parts of central Oslo with well-preserved and inhabited wooden houses from the late 1700s and the 1800s.
Through the whole day you will get a thorough understanding of Norwegian history, culture, tradition and food. The above suggested walking tour takes approximately 5 hours and can be altered and costumized according to your wishes.
All participants walk at their own risk and waive any liability claims against Oslo Guidebureau AS, its owner, employees, and tour guides for any loss, damage, injury etc. All participants are responsible for their own travel insurance. By purchasing the tour, you affirm that you have fully understood and agree to these Terms and Conditions, Waiver and Release of Liability.